Sponsors, please read the following statement carefully and give it prayerful consideration:
The Emmaus movement is a method of Christian renewal in the Church. The individual recommended for Emmaus must be currently active in a local church and must have a desire to deepen his/her faith to become closer to Christ in his/her discipleship. As a Sponsor, you are required to:
- Provide information to assist the applicant in the decision to attend an Emmaus weekend;
- Provide transportation to and from the Emmaus weekend;
- Help the applicant enter into Emmaus community fellowship after the weekend;
- Provide prayer support to the applicant; and
- Assist the applicant in any other way necessary.
By submitting a Pilgrim/Sponsor Application form, you are attesting to the Richmond Emmaus Community that your prospective pilgrim meets the criteria noted above and that you commit to supporting your pilgrim as required.
To proceed, please complete Page 2 of the Pilgrim/Sponsor Application, then submit the form along with the pilgrim’s non-refundable $50 fee to: Registrar, Richmond Emmaus, P.O. Box 1717, Midlothian, VA 23113.