I hope everyone had an amazing
January. It was great seeing so many of you at last month’s gathering and I
hope to see many more of you this month. Last month we talked about our
community being a town built on a hill that cannot be hidden and that we are the
light of the world. We want to share the spirit of Christmas throughout every
month this year and shine Christ light in all things and everyone we encounter.
February is known for LOVE. The Bible mentions Light 229 times and Love 348. When you think of love you may think of 1 Corinthians: 4-5, or in true Emmaus fashion think of agape love. If you thought of either to quote my Pastor Jay Carey “good answer”.
The entire Richmond Emmaus board would like to invite you to our gathering this Saturday February 8th at Bethia United Methodist Church. Come join us for fellowship and covered dish dinner starting at 6:00 followed by music and worship at 6:30. Please feel free to bring a dish to share and child care is provided.
As we continue to build on our “a town built on a hill cannot be hidden” legacy for our community I found myself reflecting how LIGHT and LOVE go hand in hand.
Some ways we can reflect Christ light and love and strengthen the Richmond Emmaus Community:
- Pray for God’s will for our community
- Sign up to Pray for a slot on the prayer wheel for 134 and 135
- Not only come to gathering but invite a friend
- Former teamers, pilgrims and reunion groups, go back to your email list and invite everyone on it to come to gatherings
- Pray about sponsoring a pilgrim for the walks 136,137 and walks in October
- Bring your voice and/or instrument to be a part of the music worship team at one of 12 gathering this year
- Pray about sharing a devotion or 4th day message at one of 12 gathering this year
- Pray about serving on an inside or outside Emmaus team in 2020
- Pray about serving on a Chrysalis team and how you can help be part of a much needed flight for our youth in 2020
- Pray about serving on a Kairos, Face to Face of Epiphany team in 2020
- Pray about your unique spiritual gifts and how you can best bless our community
- Ask myself or anyone on the board how you can help as there are many opportunities to serve for all
and 135 walks:
R-134 (Women’s): March 5-8, 2020 – Sarah Zammett WLD
R-135 (Men’s): March 19-22, 2020 – Pete Tucker WLD
God Bless and we look forward to a blessed and Christ centered 2020 and look forward to seeing you Saturday.