2. Fourth-Day Training: The next Fourth-Day Training will be held on August 11 at 3:30 PM, in Room 103, Bethia UMC. Remember: to sponsor a pilgrim or serve on a team, you must have completed Fourth-Day Training.
I remember Pastor Tom Brown often remarking during an Emmaus Walk or Chrysalis Flight that what we experience on a Walk or Flight is the world God created for us and meant for us to live in. However, we return to the secular world and often get caught up in the “stuff” of the day and lose sight of God’s world.
Following is something someone gave me, which I have in my office. It reminds us of the fact that God is in control. The author is unknown. It is titled “My Real Boss”:
The Lord is my real boss and I shall not want.
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray before I speak.
And to do all things without murmuring and complaining.
He reminds me that He is my Source, not my job.
He restores my sanity every day and guides my decisions.
That I might honor Him in everything I do.
Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails, system crashes,
unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks, gossiping co-workers,
discriminating supervisors, and an aging body that doesn’t cooperate every morning,
I will not stop — for He is with me!
His presence, His peace, and His power will see me through.
He raises me up, even when they fail to promote me.
He claims me as His own, even when the company threatens to let me go.
His faithfulness and love are better than any bonus check.
His retirement plan beats every 401(k) there is!
When it’s all said and done, I’ll be working for Him a whole lot longer
And for that, I bless His Name.
Sometimes in today’s world, we need a reminder of who the Real Boss is!!
Think and pray about what your Emmaus Walk or Chrysalis Flight meant to you. We have the opportunity to share that with those around us. Walk 129 will take place Oct. 11-14; this is a men’s walk. I hope to have the date for the next women’s walk soon.
I hope to see you all at our next Gathering on June 9th, at Bethia UMC in North Chesterfield. We start at 6 pm with a covered-dish supper, praise & worship following. Child care is provided by Bethia’s Safe Sanctuaries-certified staff.
Take Care, and God Bless you and your family,
God is so good, and He has brought us to a new location for fall 2018! A team for Richmond Men’s Walk 129 (October 11-14) is being formed, and YOU are needed! More information will be shared as we approach the weekend, but please consider prayerfully being a part of this weekend, either on the Inside or Outside Teams. (Men with all experience levels are needed for the Inside Team, and both men and women will be needed to serve on the Outside Team).
Experience required: You need to have attended 4th Day Training and be willing to serve where needed, with an open heart!
We prefer teaming applications be submitted online … but if necessary, you may print out an application and mail it to the address on the form. Applications may be found at www.richmondemmaus.com. Teaming applications beyond the number needed to fill the R-129 Team will be held for future walks.
Team Selection Committee
Here is a quick guide to the Richmond Emmaus Community’s website:
- About Emmaus — Here you’ll find information on the worldwide Emmaus movement, this year’s Community leadership and governing Board, and guiding policies for the Community.
- News — Updates are posted on the Bulletin Board page.
- Calendar — This is a month-view of scheduled events such as Walks and Gatherings and the daily prayer. (This information is also available via the Calendar-at-a-Glance tool.)
- Forms — Here are application forms for pilgrims/sponsors and teaming, as well as a Background Check Authorization form for those who will team for Chrysalis flights.
- Walks — Here is information on upcoming Walks and Fourth Day Training, as well as rosters and photos (where available) for previous Walks.
- Reunion Groups — This is a listing of current RVA reunion tables, grouped geographically.
- Venues — Address information and maps for our frequently-used locations.
- Links — Here are links to the Upper Room Emmaus website, Richmond Chrysalis, and other websites of interest.
- Contact Us — by our postal address or the available online form.
As new items are posted, our mailing list subscribers receive immediate email alerts — want to know what’s happening? Click the Subscribe button on the Home page!
I have the following request that will be of great help when praying for each of the walks. Please put the following Prayer Lists on the website:
Team Prayer List – to include NAME – TEAMING POSITION – TALKS
Pilgrim Prayer List – to include NAME – CHURCH – SPONSORS
This would be a great help while praying for the Walks, and for individuals involved by name.
Thanks and Many Blessings for Emmaus,
* * *
To which the Webmaster humbly says, “Amen.” Head Servants / AWLDs, I will gladly post this information for your Walks as quickly as I can get it.