Join us in celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Emmaus Movement in Richmond, Saturday, September 14th from 4-7 pm … Don’t just mark your calendar — reach out to Emmaus brothers and sisters you haven’t seen in a while, and let them know we have a party planned! Details to follow!
As part of our commitment to prepare Community Spiritual Directors for their work with their local Emmaus Ministries community, and with leaders of local churches around them, we are forwarding information for our upcoming 4-hour CSD training session.
If you are not a CSD and would like to know about the role and responsibilities of the CSD or other SDs, please feel free to join us. In 2018, 220 CSDs took part. Since the beginning of 2019, we have worked with 60 persons around the world.
We have heard comments like “It makes so much sense when you get the big picture.” That is sooo true. Another participant wrote, “I came away charged, inspired, and better equipped with resources to know, understand and be a CSD in our Emmaus Community.”
Below is the registration link for the session. Once approved by the host, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session from firstname.lastname@example.org. If the confirmation does not show up in your Inbox, please check your Junk Mail and Spam folders.
We thank you for all you are doing with your local community, and we look forward to having you with us. Continued blessings on the journey,
Rev. Stephane Brooks
Spiritual Director of Emmaus Ministries, Upper Room Ministries
1908 Grand Ave., Nashville, TN 37212
Topic: Emmaus Ministries CSD Training
Host: Stephane Brooks
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Time: 7:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time
Session Number: Not Available
Registration password: This session does not require a registration password.
To register for this training session, go to https://upperroom.webex.com/upperroom/k2/j.php?MTID=tfc5d234f38dfbf4a20922c1a215832ac.
This guidance was adapted from Pastor Mark Rooks’ comments during May’s Fourth Day training. It is commended to ALL members of the Richmond Emmaus Community.
The Walk to Emmaus is open to members of any Christian denomination. However, it is intended for the development of Christian leaders. Consider the ideal candidates for a Walk to Emmaus:
- They are members of a local church … people who are engaged, active, serving, and worshiping. Here are some examples of those who may not be ready to attend:
- “I’m in-between churches right now.”
- “I’m currently shopping for a new church.”
- “My church has a lot of problems and I’m thinking of leaving.”
- They have a desire to strengthen their spiritual lives … they are growing Christians who may already be participating in piety, study and Christian action.
- They may have unanswered questions about their faith; they may even be wrestling with their faith — a “doubting Thomas” … but they want to learn and grow in their faith.
- ,They understand that being a Christian involves responsibility … they are already serving in some capacity.
- They are willing to dedicate their everyday lives to God in an ongoing manner … they are people for whom faith is their lifestyle.
Those who typically are less-than-ideal candidates at the moment:
- The unchurched, de-churched, and non-Christians — the Walk to Emmaus is NOT designed to be an evangelistic vehicle.
- Those who may be going through significant life events (i.e., divorce, job loss, ﬁnancial crisis, the death of a loved one).
- Those who have an ax to grind regarding the Church.
- Those who just aren’t spiritually ready, for any reason.
Pray for each of these and allow God time to work in them.
Rev. Mark Rooks, Community Spiritual Director
We will be having our first meeting on May 2, 2019 (Thursday) at the Chick-fil-A on Southpark Blvd next to Walmart in Colonial Heights. We will start at 6:30 AM — look forward to seeing y’all there!
Jim Harrison (804-691-3396 or email@example.com)
Hello, all — we are still working on our Community archives and need your help. Currently, we have no record of Walks earlier than R-50 (1999) … are missing others … and are getting requests from other communities to help verify which Walk(s) former Richmond Community members have participated in.
If you have any rosters, photos, etc. for the following Walks, please send them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to a Gathering so that I can get a photo of them — thank you in advance!
Walks 52-53, 55, 57-58, 60
Walks 62-66, 68
Walks 70-71, 73-74
2019 Richmond Emmaus Gatherings will be held as follows (weather permitting):
Saturday, Feb 9th
Saturday, Mar 9th
Saturday, Apr 13th
Saturday, May 11th
Saturday, Jun 8th
Saturday, Jul 13th
Saturday, Aug 10th
Saturday, Sep 14th
Saturday, Oct 12th
Saturday, Nov 9th
Saturday, Dec 14th
Gatherings are held at Bethia UMC in North Chesterfield, opening with covered-dish fellowship at 6:00 pm; Praise and Worship follow at 6:30 pm.
Childcare is provided by Bethia’s Safe Sanctuaries-certified staff.